Hunter Business School offers vocational programs to improve your technical skills. Whether you want a career in the medical field or information technology, Hunter Business School offers the vocational courses that will take your career to the next level.
These vocational courses of study prepare Hunter Business School’s graduates for entry-level positions to take advantage of their technical skills. Hunter Business School also offers a Career Services department, that provides placement assistance to our graduates. The following vocational school programs are offered by Hunter Business School.
Our programs include the Computer Technician Networking Specialist Program, Medical Assistants, Medical Billing Specialist Program, Medical Office Administration, Practical Nursing, Radiologic Technology, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, and Web Application Design and Development.
Start Your Career on Long Island
- Medical AssistantMedical assistants are a physician’s right-hand person in the medical environment. Our technical school graduates on Long Island are able to perform both clinical and administrative tasks, including phlebotomy, EKG, and posting to electronic medical records.
- Medical Office AdministrationMedical office administrative staffers perform many tasks, including interacting with patients and scheduling appointments. Our technical school graduates on Long Island are able to update electronic medical records, code and file insurance claims, and maintain patient accounts.
- Computer Technician Networking SpecialistComputer and network technicians repair and maintain computers and servers, install and update software, and create and maintain computer networks. Our technical school graduates can do their work at a single location or go out into the field on Long Island.
- Web Application Design and DevelopmentWeb app designers and developers are responsible for creating a website that is functional, user-friendly, and aesthetically pleasing. Our technical school graduates on Long Island write original code for both the front end and back end of software applications.
- Medical Billing SpecialistMedical billers play a vital role in the connection between health care providers, patients, and insurance companies. Our technical school graduates on Long Island not only bill for medical services, but also code and post electronic medical records. (The Medical Billing Specialist program is only three months long.)
- Practical NursingLPNs on Long Island provide basic nursing care while being supervised by an RN or doctor. Their functions include the monitoring of vital signs, changing and dressing wounds, maintaining patient histories, and assisting with various tests and procedures.
- Diagnostic Medical SonographyDiagnostic medical sonographers (ultrasound technicians) use sound waves to create images of organs and internal structures. Our technical school graduates on Long Island create these images or scans to diagnose and monitor various diseases, signs, disorders, and conditions.
- Radiologic TechnologyX-ray technologists use radiation to produce images that detect injury and disease. Our technical school graduates on Long Island have a thorough understanding of anatomy and physiology, patient positioning, patient care, radiation protection, and image analysis.
BROWSE ALL PROGRAMS