Located in Boulder, Colorado, Naropa University is a private, nonprofit, liberal arts university offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the arts, education, environmental studies, peace studies, psychology and religious studies.
Buddhist-inspired and nonsectarian, Naropa University is rooted in contemplative education, a teaching and learning approach that integrates Eastern wisdom studies and the arts with traditional Western scholarship.
EXPLORE OUR ACADEMIC OFFERINGS
- APPLY TO ONE OF OUR DEGREE PROGRAMS Through transformative bachelor and master’s degree programs in the arts, education, environmental leadership, psychology, and religious studies, Naropa will help you uncover your gifts and prepare you for a life of purpose and meaning. Browse degree programs.
- LEARN AT A DISTANCE If you desire to experience a Naropa education, but do not want to leave your job or move your family to Boulder, explore the low-residency graduate degree options that are available. Find out more.
- BECOME A YOGA TEACHER In addition to a BA in Yoga Studies, Naropa offers a 30-credit certificate program in Yoga Teacher Training for non-degree seeking students. Learn more.
- TAKE AN ONLINE COURSE On a space-available basis, Naropa University offers a variety of academic courses to the public, everything from Classical Jewish Mysticism to Contemplative Teaching. See what courses are available.
- AUDIT A CLASS Degree-seeking Naropa students, as well as alumni who have earned a degree from Naropa, may audit certain classes. See what’s available for audit.