Editing and Publishing
The certificate in Editing and Publishing offers practical, hands-on education and professional development for people who want to transition into a career in editing, communication, and book and document production. Develop core editorial skills, learn about the publishing process, and understand how to improve written communication so that it is ready for an audience to read it. This certificate can be completed online or in the classroom.
This program is perfect for…
- Writers seeking a career related to their passion
- People passionate about books and reading
- Communication professionals who want to build core skills to advance their careers
- Independent and self-publishing authors needing professional development
What you can learn.
- Read like a content editor who can improve ideas and expression
- Employ standard practices used by copyeditors in a variety of fields and disciplines
- Discover how manuscripts become books and other items sold in marketplaces or distributed to audiences
- Identify how editors can work collaboratively with other professionals to produce high-quality work